For almost a decade in private practice Diane Eyer PhD uses Energy Therapy. She made a profound paradigm shift from clinical to more energetic modalities to address chronic physical, emotional and spiritual issues. For 25 years, as an academic psychologist and nationally recognized author, Diane Eyer taught Psychology at the University of Pennsylvania and Temple University, in Philadelphia. She obtained her Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Psychology, ran an alternative school and community center and also practiced various forms of counseling. Diane Eyer, PhD is the author and co-author of three books–all of them about how psychological science gets distorted in the process of becoming prescriptions for healthy living. In the past few years Diane Eyer, PhD underwent a tremendous revolution in how she sees the world and what she is now able to accomplish.
About a decade ago, she was really looking to change in her life–looking for something more meaningful to her and directly helpful to other people. Diane had joined a very unusual expedition in the waters of the Silver Banks off the coast of the Dominican Republic. They swam in the water with humpback whales–an extraordinary experience. It is the subject of the book about to published, Swimming With Whales, which describes my journey from being a “left-brained” (logic and reasoning) person to opening up the “right brain” (intuition).
On that expedition, Diane met a doctor from Canada, who introduced her to a whole new concept in therapy. She won’t call it “psychotherapy” because it deals with both the mind and the body equally. The doctor practiced a type of “Energy Psychology” on Diane that the doctor, herself, had developed and it was as if a magic wand was waived over Diane. Chronic headaches, nosebleeds and coughs she had for ages, disappeared after a few sessions. So, too, did a lot of sadness and fear. No wonder this expedition doctor has a four-year waiting list of people trying to see her!
That’s when Diane Eyer learned about the Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology, an international organization of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and other health care professionals, which Diane joined. “I am now proud to have been trained and certified by that organization,” Diane beams. “Soon, a whole new world opened up to me and I began to learn how to practice the kind of therapy Dr. Beattie had invented along with several other modalities. Inside of a few months, I was beginning to see amazing things happen with the people I did my ‘Internship’.” Thanks to Diane’s treatments, one person who had been asthmatic since childhood no longer needed her medication on a regular basis. Diane’s husband, who had “Acid Reflux Disease” for three decades and needed medication daily, no longer takes any medication! It’s harder to describe the psychological changes but they, too, have been abundant. They range from people no longer needing their anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medications (withdrawing under the supervision of their doctors) to the dissolution of ADHD and the disappearance of colitis and migraines. In addition, people’s relationships changed. Several spouses who had been in an abusive relationships, found that their partners were able to stop their abusive behavior even though Diane never actually worked with the abusers.
Diane Eyer, PhD
•For almost a decade in private practice using Energy Therapy
• For 25 years, an academic psychologist and nationally recognized author
• Taught Psychology at the University of Pennsylvania and Temple University, in Philadelphia
• In 1988, obtained her Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Psychology (with Distinction) from the University of Pennsylvania
• Prior to 1988, ran an alternative school and community center and also practiced various forms of counseling
• Wrote 3 books–all of them about how psychological science gets distorted in the process of becoming prescriptions for healthy living. The first two books, Mother-Infant Bonding, Yale University Press, and Motherguilt, Random House, were reviewed in the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and many other journals as well as occasioning the usual TV appearances (including The Today Show), lectures and radio shows (including Dan Gottlieb’s Voices in the Family). The third book, written with two colleagues, Einstein Never Used Flashcards, Rodale Press, won a prestigious award for the best self-help book in psychology. A fourth book, soon to be published, Swimming With Whales, describes her personal journey from being a left-brained academic, to a right-brained healer, and the scientific research that can explain such phenomena in Western terms.
For more of Diane’s resources visit:
Pingback: Pre Live Your Peace Summit | Live Your Peace