Something happened early on in my career as a business coach to question the whole nature of reality. I quickly discovered that once a client got clear about the specific, measurable results they wanted to achieve they could actually test drive their intended results by involving as many senses they could to physically, mentally and emotionally experience what it would feel like to achieve that goal.
I initially used a powerful theater exercise called “Walk About” that I renamed “Walk About For The Soul” that had clients step into a character that represented the best version of themselves. Here’s how it worked:
Home represent who we think we are
We live in a world
Our thoughts create
Alas, when the shit hits the fan
Faced with the unexpected fight for our lives
Some of us forget that we are…
The same energy as the storm
The same molecules as the fire
The same breath as the news media
The same focus as the politician…
Remember what united us.
When does the power of rock ‘n roll
Free our soul?
The gospel of love
Heal mortal wounds and raise the dead?
The awareness of fear
False Evidence Appearing Real
Becomes the big cosmic joke.
Gratitude brings more blessings.
Generosity breeds more faith in humanity.
Tragedy infuses a more resilient strain of DNA.
Comedians shine a light at the absurdity
Of our mass consciousness.
Offensive, threatening, warring countries
Like our own discover an inner strength
That transcends all lack, power struggle, policy or tradition
Saving face with great humility, honor, and pride.
Vega’s blue and white star light remind us true north changes.
If you are surprised that Grace Vanderwaal won, don’t be. Grace had the winning formula from start to finish that took over like a avalanche of support from Howie’s Golden Buzzer Moment to AGT Live Show.
10. Grace nailed her audition.
a. The judges loved her look and personality.
b. The audience was inspired by her age, originality and performance.
9. Grace immediately captured the hearts of her audience by being relatable. a. They connected with the real 12 year old whose friends didn’t know she could sing.
b. Grace’s hope and light heartedness when asked if she could win. Grace’s “Miracles Can Happen” immediately became her focus, mantra, tagline, magical ingredient that had her fans hooked every step of the way.
8. Howie hit the Golden buzzer. a. Howie reaping the highlights of Grace’s performance and turning it into instant proof that “Miracles Can Happen” transformed Grace’s private talent into a reality as her music suddenly reached millions of viewers. Here mantra, Success Headline or Script For Success was shared by millions!
7. Simon made the Taylor Swift prediction. Simon’s proclamation that Grace is the next Taylor Swift was the one- two punch following Howie’s Golden Buzzer.
6. Her audition video went viral. When audiences saw this refreshing, res twelve year old filled with so much love, light and life for her music, sister, family and life changing moment YouTube viewers had to share and watch the very public, original audition over and over and share it with our friends..
5. Grace kept her YouTube audience engaged for half a year (March to August 2016) till the Live AGT show. Grace shared her private 12 year life, her emotional ups and downs, her corky humor and lovable comedic wit from bubbles on her legs in the shower to a SNL, MAD TV style “beauty mask”.
4. Grace trained like a champion.
She went out there and performed and practiced from her living room, coffee shops to Summer Festivals. With every show she expanded her style and musical repertoire and shared it with her YouTube audience.
3. Grace is an original.
She funky owned her own lyrics and music. If Grace had played a cover during her AGT audition there would not be a legion of fans doing covers and when she was judged against the other singers and talents she would have been technically judged by the head instead of the heart.
2. Her theme love and light was universal. Grace was true to her message from her bio videos on Focusing on shining to her love for her sister. As a true light, she honored her audience giving them the instant ability to be a star and shine. Her 12 year old smile and sweet heart lit up the room.
1. She focused on her dream and passions.
Being from a financially well off family with an idyllic home life and big sister Grace looks up to (is an amazing performer and shines in her own right), Grace made the experience about us, her audience, her dream career in New York and her Swiss Family Robbinson treehouse. Unlike the jugglers, contortionist, clairvoyants who had unapproachable talents, Grace singing her simple melodies from the heart was enough for her audience to relate to and imagine ourselves up there with Grace as we sang along with each tune! Instead of a tough luck sad bio .
Grace’s story was also simple and easy to remember. 12 year old writes songs about her love of her sister, being a 12 year old school girl and plays the ukulele. Case closed.
THE BIG QUESTION IS HOW DO YOU HARNESS THE SECRET POWERS OF GRACE’S SUCCESS IN YOUR LIFE?
Be in the flow.
Be a shining light.
Be in awe of every new moment.
Be surrounded by a loving support.
Be immersed in your passion and creativity.
Be able to express your experience from the heart.
Be connected and share who you are
Be vulnerable and real
How are you Being a shining light? Share below in the comment section.
Ruth Anne Wood studies Golden Buzzer moments and other instantaneous, heightened experiences. This helps Ruth’s clients plan and quickly attract dream come true moments including ideal, better than expected, life and business transformations including; financial, career and relationship miracles and synchronicities. Ruth does this through her process Scripting For Success, that uses Success Headlines, and Happily-ever-after stories that are written in a way thats quickly aligns the thoughts and emotions to that moment with a ZING that surges through the body when the client reads the script out loud.
“Miracles Can Happen”. Suddenly it’s easier for script writers to quickly notice ideal opportunities, recognize them in the déjà vu moment that matches the Success Script and then have the confidence to embrace the opportunity and create even more stellar moments for a rich and fulfilling life, career and relationship. Ruth Anne Wood is the author of Miracle Mondays, Get Out Of Hot Water Fast!, You Can’t Get It ‘Cause You’ve Already Got It! Visit ScritpingForSuccess.com for classes, free manifesting tools, VIP and corporate and organizational training to quickly access that Golden Buzzer ZING moment!
CLAREMORE — Rogers State University President Dr. Larry Rice has nominated an area business leader for the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize.
Rice describes Bill Bartmann, the CEO of CFS2, a consumer financial recovery firm based in Tulsa, as a person who is “making a difference.”
“Mr. Bartmann has already made a difference in the lives of 4.5 million consumers and is on a campaign to change the lives of 35 million consumers who are being abused by egregious debt collectors,” Rice said in his letter to the Nobel Committee. “Mr. Bartmann has expended $6 million of his own funds to pioneer a revolutionary and novel approach to attack this problem.”
Bartmann’s approach works with families in financial crisis at no cost.
It also involves financial counseling, negotiation of debts and job search assistance. Bartmann’s CFS2 helps consumers secure appropriate government services to get their financial situations in order.
“Mr. Bartmann has been a tireless campaigner for reform of the debt collection industry and initiatives to drive those from the business who refuse to play by the rules,” Rice’s nomination letter states.
“He has worked to introduce new laws in state legislatures and in the Congress. He has built strong relationships with consumer advocacy groups, key political figures and state law enforcement.”
Rice’s letter details ways Bartmann’s actions have made an impact on reforming the industry, including:
• Reduce the bankruptcy rate in American by 50 percent
• Reduce the national unemployment rate by one full point.
• Stop all debt buyer credit card litigation in America. Last year, five million such suits were filed and 10 million are projected this year. Bartmann has personally shielded 4.5 million consumers from such suits.
• Reduce the judicial system backlog by 70 percent
• Return $36 billion annually in the form of credit card principal reduction of debt forgiveness
• Help 35 million families who are being pursued by third party debt collectors.
“One national media source described Mr. Bartmann as ‘The Patron Saint of the Second Chance.’ His connections to those in economic distress came early and naturally. He grew up in the poorest of circumstances,” Rice wrote.
Bartmann worked in a slaughterhouse and completed his GED. He earned a bachelors degree from Loras College and a law degree from Drake University.
In April, Bartmann’s CFS2 received the American Consumer Council’s “Friend of the Consumer” award.
“The greatest challenge society faces today is the disintegration of the family unit. Mr. Bartmann believes that the singles greatest factor driving stress on the family is financial. By extending a helping hand and teaching consumers the principles of building self-esteem and financial literacy while reducing he financial strain, he has become a powerful influence to stabilize the working poor and those who are the victims of economic collapse,” Rice said.